What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flowers

my d.aliciae flowered today but it has shut now with the petals scrunched up into a ball i have heard that it opens it flowers gets pollinated and shuts in a day will it produce seeds today and if so do i cut off the bud so the seeds dont grow in the same pot

best regards
michael

Snip,snip, cut off the bud!
If you dont want seeds that is........
You might be able to sell them to somebody though.

I'd wait until the buds are brown before removing them...
Most ppl here seem to say that that's when the seeds are mature.

/Quensel

I would wait asswell.
But, if you dont want seeds, snip now.
You could sell sundew seeds to ppl though.

I say let them ripen and give them away, or trade. Everything doesn't have to be about money - it's far wiser to make friends in the CP community vs making a few bucks.

(If you like getting free plants, that is)

or give them.. or trade them...

i would trade but i dont know how to get them to America with the customs and all of that stuff so i probaly will find some English traders i am going to cut them off when they turn brown.another flower opend today and by the end of it ill probally have loads off seeds
smile.gif

Micheal, you can find some ppl in the U.K who want seeds.

Micheal, you know very well that I have plenty of D.alicea, so, no I dont want any. What I meant was for you to log on to CPUK and say that you have some D.allicea seeds to trade,sell or give away.

Back