Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Soil

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awww PDX, I thought it was a great idea and I still do. I need to get the good gray pumice though. I did in fact pick up the red "stuff" which isn't actually pumice at all I am told. Ya know when I was at Home Depot the sales associate made the following statement, "Are you SURE you wanna mix THAT in to something you are going to plant a plant in and you're gonne do it with your hands?" I basically skirted his question in favor of tossing the bag in my cart as I knew best- ha, wrong. When one is dumb one pays. Ouch! So... does your pumice work on brain callouses? Look at it this way, I am ready for Halloween with bloody finger tips! Just teasing with you. Seriously, don't feel bad at all. Big deal. I was questioned on my choice of "pumice" and still bought it. Duh! My husband's comment was that he couldn't believe I was such a ding dong that I actually kept at it to try to work it in. He just laughed and shook his head and walked away. I have no doubt he'll share this with anyone who will listen as he is totally amused.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol. Laura I got a bloody hand foiling windows at the library with Jen,by cutting my hand on the "sawblade" thing that you tear the tinfoil on. Why you ask were we doing this? To darken the room so that the little kids could have there haunted house thingy. See we were decorateing for halloween this week instead of the normal stuff (talking,writing,working out skits etc...)::
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Aww, pond boy! What a sweet heart you were to help decorate for the little ones. Glad you didn't end up with stitches in your hand! Hey you and I could dress up and go trick or treating together as the bloody blunder twins! Just teasing with you!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Darker pieces are covered with light colored dust. Once they get wet the dust washes off. I am fond of pumice because once it gets completely wet it does not float and it is not easily crushed to dust as perlite is.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (LauraZ5 @ Oct. 30 2004,8:13)]Aww, pond boy! What a sweet heart you were to help decorate for the little ones. Glad you didn't end up with stitches in your hand! Hey you and I could dress up and go trick or treating together as the bloody blunder twins! Just teasing with you!
    Well it was more for the socializing aspect then the actual work for the kids! Lol. Thats just what the project was this week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was a nice picture of the pumice, Joe, to show the difference between one volcanic aggregrate(sp?) and the more common lava rock.
    Unfortunately, I was eating lunch and I almost choked, as a spoof of a Python skit jumped into my head....

"Some people collect stamps, others coins....Joseph Clemens photographs pumice."
    (Camera shifts to Joeseph....)
    "The trick is to sneak up on it un-noticed. Nothing worse than a pumice stampede."

[img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This will probably increase the mirth: I just hauled home a cubic yard of the stuff in my tiny pick-up truck and dumped it into a bin made of concrete block and lined with a plastic tarp.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast