0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    what do you keep your humidity at,rex?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have no geenhouse and fishtank,just in the living room,humidity is quite low.it is very suitable for growing indoor with growlight without terrarium,I think if you grow it at outdoor,it should be avoid the hot wind.sorry,i am not expert [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

rex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. Regia does look like a nice plant. I may have to place another order too [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

sundewrex, where are you from? Looks like a nice view from your window too. That's a pretty big building. Not used to those as much here in North Dakota [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    firewired,I'm from a supper crowded city,HongKong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, there are "supposedly" two locations of D. regia...one is more montane than the other. I wonder if "Big Easy" is one location and the others are the TYPE location?
    I had the second location in seed, but I sent it to people for tc, and never heard anything about it.
    Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think I worked it out with Robert that Joseph's clone is likely from the higher elevation. I was surprised since the plant seems to have no dormancy requirement. Big Easy is a fine clone wherever it is from, and I am having good success with it in the nearly hydroponic method of cultivation. It survived last winter's freeze, returning this spring after dying off at the top. The plant actually multiplied, forming an additional crown. I have since transplanted it into a 2 1/2 gallon container, hoping to see larger growth, but the plant has not responded any differently than in its former 8 inch pot. Maybe in time I will get to see thse meter long leaves the species is famous for. BTW: I have a hunch that the plants name stems as well from the "pointed crown" effect the leaves have in addition to it's impressive size.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh that poor moth
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin, I, myself, am waiting patiently for those huge leaves....But I have a while yet, as I'm working with 3" leaves right now! But I'm pretty happy, as that's a 50% length increase since I got it a couple'a months ago from Joe. It is indeed a great clone!
    My only problem seems to be that I can never keep more than 3 or 4 leaves on the plant at once....I don't know why, either. But the die-off/replace timing is very close. Maybe it's not getting enough to eat next to the large binata mulitfida (that pig!)?
    17 Nash Rd.
    North Salem, NY 10560

YOU! Outta my gene pool!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast