What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New hybrid

It's alive.

These are the young survivers. Three in number, each a little different from the other.

There is a small one that has a shape between its two parents, but the color of the albino. One that is deffinately closer to the albino and then the third. Right now it is amazing. The tentacles start out clear and turn red half way up, two colors. The gland is red. The shape is between the two flowers. I can only guess what the flower color will be. I am hoping that the tentacle colorations stays the same as the plant gets older.

The pictures are not as good as I would like, but the camera is getting confused. I think that you can see the change of colors on the tentacles.

Albinoxintercuba.jpg

intercubaxAlbino.jpg

Thanks for sharing the pics! I`ve been very anxious to see what these look like.They are looking GREAT! You gonna start takeing leaf cuttings? Do you plan on nameing them?
smile.gif
smile.gif

I am going to wait unitl they are a little older. I am most interested in the multi colored one, of course. I am going to wait for a couple more leaves to see if it retains the coloration, and wait for the flower.

There are actually two more in my possession, but they seem to be the favorite of some fiend. Both had the traps eaten off and I have to wait for the new ones to open.

Yippee!!! When this plant goes on market, I'll get it.

D.capensis, with its reputation as a weed, has NEVER made it long enough in Singapore...our humidity/fungus/plant virus/whatever doesn't give it a chance.
confused.gif

Now with d.intermedia as one of its parents, maybe...
smile.gif

You said it Cindy, you said it...
smile_m_32.gif
D.intermidia does great in singapore...
smile.gif

Has there even been a cross between D.cap and intermidia?

Jason

Well, the plant is getting to be a good size and still the tentacle are clear at the base and golden red as it goes out. The shape is more to the capensis.

Another hybrid has really pleased me and I think it will be something. I will show it in a few months.

Back