What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pigmy dew dormancy

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I have been cultivating scorpiodes, enodes, stelliflora, nitidula, and pulchella this year. This has been my first go around wuth them. I know that they would normally experience very hot, dry conditions during summer in Australia. Such is not the case in SE PA. Will they still produce gemmae in a couple of months?

I think they will, because they will notice the days getting shorter and colder.
I have kept my pygmy sundew(I only have one) wet through the summer tho, because an expert who sold it to me reccomended it.

I have palacea and scorpoides.

Yes, they will produce gemmae provided that the photoperiod shortens in the winter.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pond boy @ Aug. 29 2004,2:04)]What species you have Dino?
I dont know.
confused.gif
I will take it back to the expert, he said that its D.minuata, but there is no such plant.
confused.gif

Its too small and dewy to take a picture of, the photos come out blurry.
smile_h_32.gif

Be sure to maintain a natural photoperiod. Light after dark retards the gemmae formation process which is daylength cued.

We have this silly lamppost that automatically comes on at dusk. Will that affect them?

It might, if the light is strong.

Great, now I'll have to move the lamppost - I mean the dews.
smile_m_32.gif

Back