What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D binata t form

I recently purchased some of these beauties and they came in the mail. As time goes by, which okay, has been like 4 days, the plant seems to be dying. The tops are brown and shriveling, some spots even look black
smile_h_32.gif

I am not sure what the problem is or how I can fix it. I am keeping them in a tray of distilled water with some superthrive in it. They are getting good sun, but like my VFTs, I am wondering if there is too much direct sunlight and it is hurting them.

What should I do about this plant? Like I said, it is not looking the greatest. Should I cut off all the brown parts and let it grow from the ground up again, or do nothing? Kind of depressing really to see it in a sickly state.

They came in the mail so they are probably...no most definately just going through shipping stress. I keep mine in full sun and it's doing great. Just lay low on the light just a little and new sprouts will pop up. Mine is growing leaves AND it's sending up a flower stalk and I got it only about 2 weeks ago. Just give it some time and it should be fine. Mine was in full sun from the start and it was fine but your may not have been originally grown in full sun and that's why it may be having some trouble adapting.

Well I moved all my plants to the front porch where it stays nice and bright shade. It might be getting too cold at night too.. so I dont know. Feel like a bad daddy lol

I'd say that's pretty normal. How cold did it get last night?

Oh that's fine, mine is outside in those temps too and it's doing great. I just wish it was a little more humid.

plant tissue dies, it's just what it does. your plant will regrow and adapt to less than ideal conditions.

When I get new plants I keep them in an area that gets morning and late evening sun. After a week then I move them to a location that gets full sun.

D binata should get a winter dormancy.

Yeah 3 months. Mine isn't a binata it's a multifida but it's pretty much the same.

Actually, they are all Binita's, I know reading books and stuff makes them pretty confusing. A multifida is a type of binita that has leaves that split into many sections.

Krom,

I thought your name might be a Conan reference, but the "Riddle of Peat" signature seals it, lol.
 Do you laugh at "The Four Winds" from your mountain?

Cheers,

Joe

Oh, I didn't know that. They are marked in "Savage Garden" as a whole different forked sundew. It just says Drosera Multifida....not Drosera Binata Multifida.

Back