Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My friend is in the tepui's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am as of now afraid of Brazilian Drosera. I haven't even grown a nep before. I'd feel horrible if I had one and it died.
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]you learn more from failures than you do from success in most cases.
    hehe, but its better to learn from failures of others and stear clear of making your own. you may get a good laugh while your at it, lol.

well, i never thought biologists can write such a well put article. how many times did you have to edit that? [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]

i have seen a national geographic article on the tepuis, and the drosera are amazing. truely gorgeous.

anyways, i am also a willing guinuea pig. i have some experiance with highland neps (inermis, lowii, etc). if im not thrown off, i will gladly hang off the plank in this drosera boat and perhaps bring a few other canadians along to hang there with me. Zongyi
    What you want to do is illeagle here in Canada.
    Email does not work! Use PM or yangzongyi@hotmail.com instead.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmmmm i guess i better start seeing if i can grow highland Nepenthes.........glad i put my order in to Tony [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] ill send good thoughts your way Tamlin.

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]It is Fernando's article. His name is right under the title.
    It is? *goes checking* Gasp! It is! ...how embarassing...! there I've gone and made a fool of myself already...
    sorry guys!
    I'll just shut up now. *hides under bed*
    If the dragon is bigger than his treasure, it's not worth the effort.

My Growlist

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

That's good news, William! Can't wait to see the plants in cultivation.

Sszvein, i would really like to see a translation of this article as my french is not the best anymore. As it is written by Fernando there should be an english version in the CPN (?). Does anyone know in which issue?

Christian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sszvein,

If you are doing this sort of research, I suggest that you DO have the ability to grow these plants, and I will be happy to help you learn and refine your techniques. It will be a learning experience as to just what is possible with these plants. Hopefully there will be plenty of seed within a few years. The plants are slow growing, but I anticipate there will be as many successes as there will be failures.

Christian, I have a hunch you will be seeing these plants close up. Woo hoo!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hope we can all get D.tentaculata, south america's answer to D.slakii. I also would like to see D. virdis enter maistream cultivation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. viridis abd D. tentaculata are Fernando's new species (two of them anyways!). Like the closely related D. communis, D. viridis is a real rarity in collections. I would like to see them too!

The whole experience is going to be a learning one for me as well since the seed will all be unidentified and coded by location only. I am about to get a major lesson in Brazillian Drosera taxonomy I think. Even with the publications in hand I think I am going to have a hard time telling D. viridis from D. communis based on seed testa.

My D. communis are doing well now and I hope to have them flower this season sometime! We are looking good!
    "Grow More, Share More"

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast