Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: My friend is in the tepui's

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Count me in, Tamlin! I'm a little drosera-light right now, and am on the brink of being able to enlarge my growing capacity as my new basement grow room takes shape. I've realized my basement provides year-round temps perfect for highland nepenthes, so I should at least be able to get a shelf dedicated down there. Woohoo!!! Brazilian Drosera!!

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOO! this is like the second coming of christ- i mean drosera!!

i wish i could grow them, but can't provide highland conditions at the moment. William, have you thought of sending small portions of seed to the ATL for study?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tamlin,
    Might do when mabudon and Zongyi_Yang are so bursting with seeds they'll be coming out of their ears, right now I'm far too intimidated to participate yet. I'm still at the cultivating weed stage.
    (My ping is getting a buttery feeling again! Guess it's starting to like me now =D. )
    If the dragon is bigger than his treasure, it's not worth the effort.

My Growlist

Metal King
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, you'll be onboard soon Sszvein; once Zongyi gets a hold of this stuff there'll be nothing stopping us [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img] You really musn't be so hard on yourself; your interest will guarantee your skills down the line, just keep at it [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    Da Growlist

"You don't need a license to drive a sandwich"-Spongebob Squarepants

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very inspiring. To tell you the truth I would ask for some seed except I am not sure if I could do it. I have had 4 nepenthes that I have killed 2 of so far. However my other two after dieing back are starting to get new growth and one of them I got from meijers and was half dead but now has several new growth points!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    William, I will take any and all Brazillian species you can send this way. I have been hankering for Brazillians for 15 years, and as you have said, if you aren't the "inner circle" (what crap!) you just don't rate. I have refused to put my nose where the inner circle King wanted me to put it, so my rating with this clown is 0. I would like to get as many of these into cultivation as I can, and take the stranglehold off of the distribution of these incredible species. Down with the Mad Hoarder of Brazillian species!! Long live William, and the act of giving freely. (Like the NASC will, eh wot??)
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Admin- I'm growing CPs in the Desert of Tucson, Az. adnedarn's Avatar
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Wow, very nice! Good luck William on getting the seed... And good luck to everyone who thinks they can grow them. I won't be able to give it a try as my enviroment is waaay too hot. But it will be a almost just as nice gift to see pictures of those who do grow them. *fingers crossed, wishbone broke, horseshoe hung, rabbits foot picked up, four leaf clover picked...* and make sure to not do any of the following.... *Walk Under a Ladder, spill salt, let a black cat cross your path, break a mirror, and don't open an umbrella indoors.*
    Andrew
    -Andrew
    Owner of TerraForums, FlyTrapShop.com, and cpforums.org.
    Support FlyTrapShop, support TerraForums! www.flytrapshop.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well William. Finally this rarities will start being available.

I'd be very very happy if your friend can write a postcar about his trip, and will be very honored to have it in my website.

Regards,

Sebastian

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast