Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Drosea capillaris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Mississippi form sounds like the Atuga, Alabama form, but this is different as well from the Nokomis Alabama form. Plastic fantastic! I love the wheels, and the lamina on these types can be nearly perfectly round, or spoon shaped.

The disorganized forms you mention are the odd ones that have something which makes them different. I would love to learn what that something is.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey -

Here's a picture of the Jackson County MS plants. Who would have known that an old butter tub made a good sundew pot?

What's strange to note is that the plant has an almost-perfect wheel shape, but there are two or three leaves which stick out. Why does it occaisionally fire out a mis-matched leaf?

- Patrick

Newnan (Atlanta), GA
    - what do you do when your bog is full? you build another. and another. and another. then you buy some pots. and some more. and some more. and some more. then you wonder how much it would cost to rework the hydrology in your yard to place your house on an island. -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very interesting, William. I was under the impression that the "Pasco Giants" are the only known stable "long arm" form. Have you grown these plants from North Carolina and Alabama? I would love to see pictures.

Can the sterile plants really be considered D. capillaris? Schnell mentioned a location known to contain D. capillaris x intermedia in the second edition of _CPs of US and CAN_; isn't the likelihood of other such sites being in existence fairly high?

I'm also very interested in trading for seeds or plants from D. capillaris (and D. brevifolia!) locations...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12