What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosophyllum

does anybody have alot of this stuff? how can you take care of it? does it move? is it cool to look at? can it live in conditions of capensis?

capensis can grow in a variety of conditions. I've heard drrosophyllum is sort of hard to grow so I doubt you could say that they grow in the same conditions as capensis... if they can grow together, it's because capensis can adapt to drosophyllum's conditions, not the other way around :p

I want some....

they do great in a mediterranean climate (spelling?)

my only attempt at germination failed, and that's sad because these seeds don't just fall out of the sky!

and what's a mediterranean climate? does that refer to a specific climate or did you just make it up? because as with everything, it's not as simple as saying that... there are mountains and valleys and rivers and deserts and stuff in the mediterranean.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ Oct. 10 2004,2:25)]my only attempt at germination failed, and that's sad because these seeds don't just fall out of the sky!
same
smile_h_32.gif

Aphawolf,

Yes it real, its kinda like the conditions in california on the coast.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 10 2004,1:39)]and what's a mediterranean climate? does that refer to a specific climate or did you just make it up? because as with everything, it's not as simple as saying that... there are mountains and valleys and rivers and deserts and stuff in the mediterranean.
A mediterranean climate is one that experiences hot dry summers and cool wet winters. Areas that could be considered mediterranean are South Africa, southern Australia, the mediterranean itself of course where the plant comes from and areas of southern California.

So no, he didn't make it up!!

lol SORRY!!! look in any geography book and you'll see that parts of california have the perfect climate (mediterranean) for it

I grow mine as a windowsill plant. It is at a south facing sliding glass door. Right beside my capensis and a whole bunch of other plants.

wow! I could probably grow them then! I can't wait until I get one
biggrin.gif

Back