What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Christmas lights on dewy pine

elgecko

I've got a magic window!
I took this picture of a leaf unrolling on my Dewy Pine with the sun behind it. I liked the way all the dew captured the light. Looks like little Christmas lights.

133DewylightsHQ.jpg

I don't think your site is working right now. Neither the avatar or inserted picture are working for me.
Andrew

Wow that is absolutley stunning! I think it looks like Christmass lights too!
smile.gif

it's working for me
biggrin.gif

great pic
biggrin.gif
can't wait till someone offers seeds...

Very beautiful, Steve! Now can you get them to blink?

it's better.. haloween! I love horror stories and things like that.
I don't really like all the songs and music and decorations and the x mas spirit :p

AMAZING MAN!!!
very nice, keep doing what ever it is your doing!!!
Hellz

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 12 2004,6:47)]Very beautiful, Steve! Now can you get them to blink?

Thanks for the comments.

I do not know.

I wonder if 1 light goes out, they all go out.....................

i wonder why they can't TC them with 1 seed per flash, then they can ship it to you and you can break the flask and just plop the whole thing, agar and all, it the soil.

Not sure how all the agar and all would be to the soil.

I wondered about the 3" peat pots.
You could plant the 3" pot into the new pot for the plant and it will break down so the roots are not restricted.
Not sure how much there roots would get disturbed shipping that way.

I have tried using peat pots, but they take a long time to break down, especially when the soil is kept on the dry side. I prefer to use 3in styrofoam cups. I have transplanted a plant with 5in leaves growing in a 3in styrofoam cups by pealing the styrofoam away, leaving only the soil and roots. This causes little, if any damage to the roots.

Not many people have worked with Drosophyllum in tc. Not sure if it even grows and multiplies well in tc. The agar has to be completely removed from the roots as it contains lots of nutrients, an invitation for unwanted microorganisms. The plant would also need to be established under high humidity conditions. Not sure if Drosophyllum will tolerate this...

I thought sparkling diamonds are girls' best friend until I saw that photo...time for me to change the best friend eh?
smile_m_32.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TheAlphaWolf @ Oct. 12 2004,6:49)]it's better.. haloween! I love horror stories and things like that.
I don't really like all the songs and music and decorations and the x mas spirit :p
how can anyone not like christmas?, after all "It's the most wonderfull time of the year"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (elgecko @ Oct. 12 2004,7:13)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Oct. 12 2004,6:47)]Very beautiful, Steve! Now can you get them to blink?

Thanks for the comments.

I do not know.

I wonder if 1 light goes out, they all go out.....................
Now THAT's a good comeback!

nah... the most wonderful time of year is summer vacations!!! WHOOO!!!!
smile_h_32.gif
too bad it's still a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time for that...

hehe, christmas time is presents for me!

i think christmas has lost all of it's meaning. it's gone totally commercial now.

part of why I don't like x-mas IS the presents! LOL
people are stupid. they know what I want and they give me what I don't want! UGH! it's OBVIOUS what I like. and it's OBVIOUS what I DON'T like...
(I love nature of course, plants, etc... they could give me some cool neps or something...) (and I'm lazy so I don't like sports at all... and they give me footballs and stuff...)
can you believe it??? and then they wonder why they're just collecting dust in my room!
mad.gif
mad.gif
(I should trade them for CPs!!!
laugh.gif
)

Back