Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tuberous drosera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have several types of tuberous seeds in a tray in the greenhouse now. It is cold out there. I checked this morning the the peltata has germinated and has feeder leaves. The D. auriculata looks like it is germinating, but there are three others. As I said, it is getting cold. Can anyone give me an idea of what would be too cold.

Thanks
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well for me it would be around 30 degrees, thats my experience with peltata
    Join the CCPS, you wont regret it: http://s4.invisionfree.com/CCPS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Copper
    Did you sow those seeds in summer (before September) or recently? I have some species I sowed 2 days ago and I'm trying out some experiments as to what methods will yield better results.
    Well, the hardest part is over for you, you've got seedlings and they're usually quite tough, in my experience. Enjoy!

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I sowed in september. Well the hardest part is over for a couple of them. I have four (two of one species, different collection areas) other tuberous seed types that have not germinated yet. I am very glad to see the ones that have thus for.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anything above 0 deg C (F??) will be OK for the germination of the majority of tuberous species. In nature, most of the areas they grown in will not get any lower than that in winter, particluarly those from the eastern states of Asutralia. The WA species will not get that cold but can handle those temps.

You've had a couple of the easy species germinate (D. peltata and auriculata) so far- which others are you waiting on? I find that D. peltata and auriculata germinate and grow like a weed for me in my conditions. Some of the WA species are incredibly hard to germinate though. I have experienced varied success with various species, they are never reliable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Anything above 0 deg C (F??)
    0 deg C = 32 deg F.
    I've always said the F method is messed up. AND the measuring system too.
    what kind of backwards person decides to divide something in 12? LOL
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Seandew. These are the other types. I will have to watch the weather forcast closely. We are getting near those temps.
    D. whittakerii ssp whittakerii
    D. erythrorhiza (2 types)
    D. auriculata “Pink flower” Mt. Bold, South Australia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just checked them.

The whittakerii has a couple that are open, but have white inside of goo, not good. Most have done nothing.

The D. erythrorhiza is odd. A few seeds have open and have pinkish plant material appear. Is pink good?

Both auriculata are germinating.

The peltata is growing like crazy now.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast