Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dormancy

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one question but for a few plants.
    Do these sundew needs dormancy?

D. alicea = D. aliciae
    D. binata
    D. filiformis
    D. intermedia
    D. multifida extrema = D. binata (multifida extrema)

Thnx

Edits - corrected spelling of D. aliciae. There is no species identified as D. multifida extrema it is actually a bogus name for a type of D. binata.

We can go for days without food, but we can't pass 5 minutes without air. REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Trouble breathing? Let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm not 100% sure, but the D. aliciae and D. binata (multifida extrema) doesn't. The rest do.

I thought you people where \"Plant Geeks\", Look at me Now...

Growing List-
    http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17062

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. multifida extrema & D. binata don't need a dormancy to my knowledge, but my plants have survived over the winter in temps briefly down to 18F.

What subspecies of filiformis do you have? If its filiformis ssp filiformis, or 'California Sunset' then definatly yes.

Any location data on the intermedia you might have?

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am not really of what subtype of the filiformis, but it does get red when it have enuff light. I don't no wat is the different between those 2 types; they looked alike to me. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] The subtype of intermedia is cuban form.
    We can go for days without food, but we can't pass 5 minutes without air. REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Trouble breathing? Let me know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Cuban form of Drosera intermedia is a tropical plant - hence, no dormancy.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't be too sure of that Joseph. My plants have tendencies to form hibernacula, in which case I treat them as temperate species. The material in my collection came from a source I in no way respect (guess who?) well known for distributing poorly identified material. Better consider the "Sp. Cuba" intermedia as a "suspicious" tropical. I have had individuals go both ways.
    "Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know Binata needs it, i grow one outside, and, with the onset of winter, it has gone dormant. Well, actually i'm not totally sure, i'm almost sure i'ts dormant though, here's hoping it wakes up in March. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/biggrin.gif[/img]
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh, Filiformis needs it too. They grow right along with Sarracenias, all of which need dormancy.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast