Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Growing D. capensis as aquatic

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well a friend of mine gave me too much D. capensis which i didn't really care for to tell you the truth. Well i didn't want to pot them and go through that whole ordeal, plus some had extremely long roots. So i got a 5.5 x 5.5 , 4 inch high plastic clear container (my mom almost killed me) and filled it up with water. Well, i did this just thinking they would stay hydrated, but i was basically sacrificing them. Ironically, they are growing like crazy! They have more dew (and are a deeper green) than the capensis i have in my growchamber.. which are actually in soil! Despite the cold and dry conditions, they are doing awesome. They are 11 of them and i am thinking about separating them into a nicer looking container and placing them around the house.

I tried to kill em and look what happens...

-AE

They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ah, a page taken right out of Pinguiculaman! I WOULD suggest re-introducing soil, though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are doing great, they look like they love it. If their conditions decline, i sure will. I doubt it will though, they look awesome and growing like mad.
    They say if you play a Microsoft CD backwards, you hear satanic messages. Thats nothing, cause if you play it forwards, it installs Windows.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try finding a way to aerate the water, simulating a hydroponic system. Maybe you might see differences? I don't know myself!

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a few extra air pumps from the fish tanks, will do.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So are the plants roots in the water and the rest of them in the air
    [img]http://home.**********.com/users/pondboy/Neps/Neps%20sig..JPG[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    exactly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How do you keep the D. capensis from capsising? I'd think it might be top heavy...

You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast