Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Capensis red

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What is wrong with me? I somehow managed to fail doing leaf cuttings with a D. Capensis! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] how should i do it right?
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    NM,
    Don't feel bad. Though I have never had this problem, I did fail to get one to flower for over 20 years.
    I am not sure how you went about it, but take a peaty substrate(or sphagnum), take a whole freash leaf and press it down hard against the medium(cover the base of the leaf). As much contact as possible is best. Some people take meshed material and use that to press it to the soil, and allow the sprouts to grow up through the mesh.
    Some also float a leaf on water(like in a petri dish).
    Hope that helps.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another trick I have had work for me is to put some water on the leaf when it is sitting on the soil so it kind of sticks to the soil. That ensures there is contact with the soil, and using that method I have not failed yet with a leaf cutting.
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12