Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drosera meristocaulis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Christian,

Fortunately most S.American Drosera are native to areas ***FAR*** more accessible than D.meristocaulis and its darn Neblina Massif!! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Take care,
    Fernando

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Fernando Rivadavia @ Nov. 22 2004,10:20)]It's not in cultivation yet, but will be soon!
    do i take this to mean you have collected some seed and will be passing it along to some capable growers to get it introduced?

Rattler
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fernando thank you very much for sharing such a beatiful site. What a fantastic plant.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jim Miller told me about a month ago not to say anything to anyone about this, but since Fernando let it out, what the heck!. Stew McPherson may be collecting seed caps. Britain may get the benefit of this species, but Jim Miller might get some from Stew. If that is the case, they will be here soon. They still have some expedition time left on this trip, so waiting is the usual. If Jim gets any, I will alert some of you folks.
    45 yrs. growin\'
    Founder NASC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    To all,

Please keep your eyes open as D.meristocaulis seed will soon be available from Allen Lowrie. To obtain his seed list, please write to:

6 Glenn Place
    Duncraig 6023
    Western Australia
    Australia

Take care,
    Fernando Rivadavia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very cool. ill wait patiently for ppl with a bit more experiance than me to get them settled in and growing in private collections. anyone who gets the seeds PLEASE keep us updated on your progress.
    cervid serial killer
    Know guns, know peace, know safety. No guns, no peace, no safety
    I didn't get stimulated but he kept his promise on change, that's about all I got left!
    http://www.wolfpointherald.com/--http://www.safety-brite.net/

drosera guy
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Fernando Rivadavia @ Nov. 27 2004,2:24)]To all,

Please keep your eyes open as D.meristocaulis seed will soon be available from Allen Lowrie. To obtain his seed list, please write to:

6 Glenn Place
    Duncraig 6023
    Western Australia
    Australia

Take care,
    Fernando Rivadavia
    Thanks for bringing this rare and exciting species in cultivation, but why did you give it to a cp dealer? Now everyone can buy them. I doubt that the beginners will get them to germinate!!! For conservation reasons I would have given those seeds only to real experts...(so they can propagate them for the masses).

Please explain? Did you got a ton of those seeds?

Jan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello Jan,

Don't worry, plenty of seeds are also going to expert hands. Allen Lowrie's seed list is simply a democratic way of getting them around without giving me much trouble. Furthermore, I'm certain that even those people who have the smallest of CP collections have money to spare to buy a packet of seeds from Allen Lowrie. Allen will not be charging US$100 for each seed packet, believe me. (But even if he did, it's still a very cheap price to pay for such rare seeds which nearly cost me my knee!)

Take Care,
    Fernando Rivadavia

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast