What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My ericksonae x puchella is dropping dead...

• Thread starter peter
  • Start date
Hi, out of all my pygmys what I thought was the toughtest sundew is dropping dead in the middle of gemmae production... out of 20 of them or so about five have died and some more are following their path.
All the others are fine though... including some of the harder to grow ones.
The soil is kept moist and topwatered a little when dry, they also recieve the most light out of all of them, only an inch from the flourescent lights.
Can you guys think of a reason?

Thanks

What kind of air circulation do you have?? Mine love a nice breeze, try using a small computer fan.

David

I wouldn't be concerned with individual loss too much. Natural attrition is high in habitat where the going is tough. Plants are often severely set back after gemmae production and should be allowed a rest in non-wet conditions and with good air circulation. Ratty looking rosettes may return to full vigor once the recuperative period ends. Black rosettes are dead and should be cut off at the surface before they moulder. Tugging can lead to damage to other roots in the same pot and should be avoided. Individual death means nothing to a clonal population. Your plants didn't die, they just shifted their Being to another time/space coordinate, but they are all the same plant.

Thanks for the info.  
Glad you're back on posting again Tamlin! Is everything alright?

Back