What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis liniflora- seedlings

Well the crop from my 2 big linifloras finally sprouted after 2 months due to me leaving the light on them for a week...
I'm not jus about ready to plant them yet, and right now they're sitting in a pot of really rlly wet lfs, peat, sand, and I think there is some perlit too. Anyways, I'm wondering how long I can leave them in there without transplanting. (their permanant home is going to be the pot which I kept the 2 parent byblis in). Thanks !
Matt

This isn't the world's greatest plant to attempt to repot / transplant. It's like D. scorpiodes and the like. If you can get a plastic spoon and be careful to get the soil media without disturbing roots, you can be successful.

too late... already transplanted them!
worked last time though...transplanted them from about 7 mm high... they ended up getting 8 inches and lived for a year

Congratulations! I still think we should have renamed you to Byblisdude!

awesome, I thought it was virtually impossible to repot them, but I've never tried, congrats droseradude

that's amazing... I breathe on my Byblis liniflora and they wilt. Such a delicate plant I never had the nerve to even try to repot them. Good Job!

They're not that hard to transplant. Heck, I even sent some Byblis to someone and they survived.

aaugh...
well actually 2 of mine died, and 4 of them are growing. The smaller ones died. So maybe you wait till they're about | this tall.

Back