Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. regia

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd never tried to grow the species from seed until the beginning of this year. I sowed about 10 seeds in April and had 100% success with germination.

Since then I've lost only 2 plants and the tallest of them is over 4 inches. I grow these in a mix of 2:1 peat and sand and have had no problems.

When they were around 1/2 inch tall many began to grow up out of the mix and looked unhealthy. I simply placed some peat around the exposed root and they took off again within a week or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Seandew,

Excellent report. Great info. I'm very anxious now to start some more Drosera regia seed and try your tip.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 1/2 peat and half sand.
    I keep it in my greenhouse (no shade cloth in winter), so it has a lot of sun.
    I keep it on the tray method.
    It gets well fed.
    It slowed down a little for the winter, and the leaves are a little shorter/broader. I'm expecting mine (and possibly your's) to perk up and get more leaves in spring.
    You have just recieved the Amish Computer Virus. Since the Amish don't have computers, it is based on the honor system. So please delete all the files from your computer. Thank you for your cooperation.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12