Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: D. whittakeri mixed fortunes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Monday morning at work and Allen came through!
    Yes, sitting in the tray is definitely the problem. He said to make sure it's in a cool area too, as they are not stove house plants, and they like air movement when possible. He also included his one sheet instructions for growing tuberous which I would gladly send anyone a copy for a SASE, if interested. Nothing staggering, but I would have put them in a shallow tray , myself. He suggests watering around the edge of the pot, but not on the plant itself, BTW.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (The Griffin @ Jan. 17 2005,10:32)]Monday morning at work and Allen came through!
    Yes, sitting in the tray is definitely the problem. He said to make sure it's in a cool area too, as they are not stove house plants, and they like air movement when possible. He also included his one sheet instructions for growing tuberous which I would gladly send anyone a copy for a SASE, if interested. Nothing staggering, but I would have put them in a shallow tray , myself. He suggests watering around the edge of the pot, but not on the plant itself, BTW.

Cheers,

Joe
    Thanks for that Joe.
    Alas the above plant and a second smaller one are no more [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_t_32.gif[/img]
    I still have two others. The largest (my original 1992 tuber) still looks fairly healthy. The other one looks a bit iffy with no dew. Both are now on a shelf nearer the roof of the greenhouse where they should get more light. THe house is not that hot (certainly not stove house) and I guess that apart from the watering nothing else is different to the previous years.
    Is it possible to scan Allens instructions?

cheers

bill

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might be.. The catalog itself is horrible and will cause you terrible pain to try and read a scan(no joke!), but this might be okay....I don't have one at the moment, but I will see if a co-worker will scan for me and I'll email that to you and we will see what happens.

Cheers,

Joe

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Joe,
    scan arrived and is excellent. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

cheers

bill

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12