User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: The d. capensis 'narrow leaf' is coming back

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This little baby was at the school and they sort of trashed it. I took it home and stuck it in a self watering container in front of an eastern window and it has nice re growth. It looks good to me!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice! The great thing about capensis is that they'll survive almost anything. I have some under a heavy bag of moist peat, in my shed (flattened, basically). They've slowed growth, but looking as lively as ever each time I check them. Cockroach of the CP kingdom?

Amori

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And here I thought I did something extraordinary! The poor thing got run out of water and was looking beyond sickly which is why I took it home. Is it safe to bring it back to the school? I take it this would be an ok move given it is being referred to as the cockroach of the cp kingdom.

Oh oh oh, I need to go and update my grow list. This is too exciting! Thank you very much Amori!

Say Amori, would you please go take a peek over in the Utricularia forum and see what you think of that sprout? Thanks much, Laura

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You got dew! It's doing fine. Yeah, they DO seem indestructible. I tried to kill mine a year ago when I brought it form home (70 degrees) into the car (15 degrees) to work (70 degrees). It objected to the car. It shrivelled up and looked dead, but after a week of keeping it moist, covered, and stable, a new leaf appeared and then another and then....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can wait to take it back to the school until the air temps warm up a tad. No problem. Ne sense making my little one shrivel unnecessarily! It can hang out here for a while.