What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

This is not D. intermedia, right?

Wait! Heating pad should be 75-80 degrees, no more. Germination anywhere from several days to 6 or 8 weeks. Should be no top on growing base container for excellent air circulation. If top is used, you have an excellent fungus growing environment. May cause seed damp off, meaning bye-bye seed. Look closely to examine seed.

Soil temps are at exactly 80F.  There are 4 heating pads in there and they are all set to keep temps at 80F.  Three are set to medium and the older heating pad is set to low.  No lids on anything in there.  I added a small fan that I run in there at night that oscillates just last week to reduce the potential of damp off. I have a magnifying glass and I check all the seeds daily... sometimes twice. The only thing I have noticed is slime molds in by the Utrics and I suppose that is to be expected as that was a different soil mix and I am keeping those wetter.

Back