Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Byblis propagation

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Capslock & Pyro: I have done evrything you guys have suggested and predicted. I found and perused S.G. & CP's of Canada and the US in Borders and Barnes & Noble. I brought S. G. to the local ibrary - twice. I finally got S.G. for Christmas. I have done much experimentation with soil media, throwaway pipette dispenser containers for germination, and subjected my cobra lily to the unpredictible torrents of the streamlet behind our townhouse. Um, THAT experiment didn't work out so well. Neither did the continuous drip thing from the AC discharge pipe. Me and Edison have a couple things in common. I just have a lot fewer patents! I thoroughly enjoyed Barry Rice's FAQ - especially the dead skin tissue piece. I'm ready for another year! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I will try the byblis thing if my byblis sprouts and I get more then one. I have heard that Drosophyllum does not really produce a toxin and most of Slacks mixtures will kill many cps. I have not tried any of his mixtures because 1) they are a lot more expensive then SG's 2) are quite odd and would presumibly have nutriants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm... I do not recall any of Slack's mixes being odd or expensive or toxic. Most are peat, sand and sphag based. Some (like Neps and Utrics) suggest orchid bark. And I think he recommends domolite for some of the Pings. The oddest thing I think he calls for is John Innes Compost #2 for Ceph (which I have heard is actually a good idea) and for Drosophyllum
    'My love was science- specifically biology and, more specifically, when placed in a common jar, which of two organisms would devour the other.'

See You Space Cowboy

actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat
    Hagerstown, Maryland

--
    actagggcagtgatatcccattggtacatggcaaattagcctcatgat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The only toxic comment I remember of Slack , is he says perlite is no good for VFTs, but I see it in many people's pots of VFTs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We need to write a new book that contains many people's experiences. Who wants too? We could all help by writing little sections and stuff and contributing pics. Come on, it will be fun! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Sunpitcher it is already in the works. Email me at Treaqum@yahoo.com if you want to be in on it. Or pm me for info

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to my college library and got a book on cps before I preordered my S.G. The book is called carnivorous plants (obviously [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img] ) and it's by Randall Schwartz and there's a small paragraph that talks about byblis propagation.

"The thickest part of the entral root can also be used for propagation. When repotting, take pieces about one inch long and place them on top of some darn sphagnum. Cover the pot with plastic to help keep it moist. In about a month you should have a new plant."

A bit short but still good even though i don't have a byblis to experiment on *wink,wink*

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this technique apply to B. gigantea only? How about liniflora?
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast