What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.capensis flowers

what is the minimal d.capensis flowering size?

what do you mean?
from seed, it takes them about 6 months to flower.

How big is a mature d.capensis in diameter

How big is a mature d.capensis in diameter?

varies my typical and albino are about 6-7 inches in diameter and are mature but i think they mature at smaller than this. i think they started flowering at about 4 inches in diameter.

Well you will not want them to flower once they have. You will get about 3000 seeds per scape for big plants.

As Rattler indicates, 4-6" is about right. Mine was about 5" when it began a flower. Barely identifiable is the beginings a flower scape in this photo.

136.jpg

nothing wrong with all those seeds, mine are continually in flower and i have only found ONE seedling capensis where its not supposed to be. capensis may be a "weed" but its easy to identify and remove seedlings from where their not wanted. that said i wish their flowers stayed open longer, i rarely get to see them actually open.

What does the flower stalk look like when it comes out anyway? I bought a D. capensis with flowers ready to open, and i wanna know what it looks like when the stalk just comes out. Anyway, it was about 5-6 inches in diameter when it flowered. The flowers were about 1/2 an inch in diameter if i remember correctly.

Never mind, i see a flower stalk coming up now!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

Back