Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hoping i could get some help

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, this is my first post. I'm new to posting and growing carnivorous plants. I've been reading these posts and you guys seem to know what you're talking about. I have a venus flytrap and a Nepenthes, and I'm getting more flytraps. I'm looking into sundews though. they seem very interesting, and prettier than others. I'm really looking for suggestions for a good sundew to plant, me being new to this. I saw a D. filiformis or something like that on antoher site, and that looked pretty cool. Any help would be welcome.
    thanks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey veritas, welcome to the forums!
    As far as Drosera go, I'd aim for the easier-to-cultivate species such as D. aliciae, D. spatulata, D. capensis, D. adelae, and so on. I'm sure other more experienced members will be able to make recommendations.

Amori

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi and welcome to the forums! An excellent and easily accessible sundew is the the Drosera spatulata. So are D. intermedia and D. rotundifolia.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a lot of great sundews. For your first attempt, try a Drosera capensis. They are easy to grow and you have to really try hard to kill them. If you want to see photos of nearly every carnivorous plant, look at the CP Photo Finder (link below).

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcom to the forums veritas00000.

The ones that shokuchuu mentioned are great sundews to start out with. D. capensis has to be the toughest.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lets give him a spatulata [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img] Or capensis

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hye guys, thanks for the help. I literally posted this less than half an hour ago. within 2 minutes, I got a reply. Thats crazy. Anyway, I sent a private message to a very generous person that was giving away seeds, so I guess D. capensis is it.
    thanks again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. capensis was my first plant. I found it easier than the Venus Flytrap. D. adelae and D. spatulata are two that i grow, and i have found them to be very easy. I have a picture of D. capensis and D. adelae in a topic of mine further down.

Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast