What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae

Hey guys. I had been living in the dorms for a while, and the windowsill was kind of a chilly one. All my plants looked a little unhappy. I took them home for the Christmas break, and they all look better than ever now, except for the Adelae. I have them all in my apartment in a sunny windowsill (except the adelae). I haven't really found a great spot for it yet. If I remember correctly, they like bright shade and no direct sunlight. Is that correct? They look pretty bad......two of the small ones are brown now. Those two I did put in direct sunlight without doing it slowly, that was my mistake, and I'm hoping they will recover from that. One of them looks like it is growing a new one from the roots, but that growth has also slowed down now. The big one isn't producing dew, and some of the leaves don't even unroll all the way.

I wondered if it wasn't getting enough light from those symptoms, but I could sure be wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Joel

This plant is notorious for playing 'possum. Give it more time - much more time. Just keep it watered and lighted. You may also notice the appearance of plantlets from its root system. Don't toss it!

Yes, keep it very moist and place it near a light, where it may be a little warmer. Do not give up, I have had them return after two months of nothing.

Sounds great. I'll stick with them. Thanks guys!

Copper, Iknowhuh. For as long as I can remember, mine have done that.

Adelae can be a real trooper......sometimes. It can be picky, but i once recieved one in the mail, it was 3/4 dead. I halfheartedly replanted it, thinking it was gonna die anyway. Now, it's the cheerful little plant you see here:
PICT0179.jpg

Back