User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: D. adelae

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey guys. I had been living in the dorms for a while, and the windowsill was kind of a chilly one. All my plants looked a little unhappy. I took them home for the Christmas break, and they all look better than ever now, except for the Adelae. I have them all in my apartment in a sunny windowsill (except the adelae). I haven't really found a great spot for it yet. If I remember correctly, they like bright shade and no direct sunlight. Is that correct? They look pretty bad......two of the small ones are brown now. Those two I did put in direct sunlight without doing it slowly, that was my mistake, and I'm hoping they will recover from that. One of them looks like it is growing a new one from the roots, but that growth has also slowed down now. The big one isn't producing dew, and some of the leaves don't even unroll all the way.

I wondered if it wasn't getting enough light from those symptoms, but I could sure be wrong.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

- Joel
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This plant is notorious for playing 'possum. Give it more time - much more time. Just keep it watered and lighted. You may also notice the appearance of plantlets from its root system. Don't toss it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, keep it very moist and place it near a light, where it may be a little warmer. Do not give up, I have had them return after two months of nothing.
    I am just like a Super Hero, but without the power or motivation.................and the funky suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sounds great. I'll stick with them. Thanks guys!
    The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.

apple rings.. what more can i say? FlytrapGurl's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Copper, Iknowhuh. For as long as I can remember, mine have done that.
    Liquid Plummer
    Warning: Do not reuse the bottle to store beverages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Adelae can be a real trooper......sometimes. It can be picky, but i once recieved one in the mail, it was 3/4 dead. I halfheartedly replanted it, thinking it was gonna die anyway. Now, it's the cheerful little plant you see here:
    Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.