What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera adelae

I was wondering what soil mixture to use for D. adelae? Also, how much water does this plant like the most?

Last edited by a moderator:
Standard cp mix of 50/50 sand and peat is fine. I keep mine a lil on the wet side, usually an inch deep in the tray then let the tray run dry before refilling.

Cheers
Steve

Mine are in a 1:2 mix of non-fertilized perlite and Canadian sphagnum peat moss. I make sure they are always moist, putting a little water in the trays when I think they need to be a little more moist. They're doing pretty good.

I mix sand and peat, topdressed with LFS. But FTG's is flowering. Mine isn't.

Mine is in 50\50 washed peat\sand topdressed with lfs,in a 1 in. of rain water and then let this evaporate before re-watering, and is flowering already.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (vft guy in SJ @ Feb. 10 2005,4:53)]Standard cp mix of 50/50 sand and peat is fine. I keep mine a lil on the wet side, usually an inch deep in the tray then let the tray run dry before refilling.

Cheers
Steve
Same here, but with perlite instead of sand, and i don't let it dry out.

I grow mine in LFS and they grow like weeds. Started with one half dead plant from Lowes and I now have 3 pots overflowing. Keep them humid and they will be happy.

Thats them in the corner of the picture.

106-0665_IMG.JPG

Back