Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found! Drosera auriculata!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arrow

I thought I saw a thread that said someone was looking for Drosera auriculata and I couldn't find the post but I found the seeds and I just wanted to let whoever wanted to know, know. Y'know? Anyway, I actually think I want some seeds now because they are like D. peltata and D. peltata is a Drosera that I really want. BUT, these are seeds and these are also tuberous seeds and I haven't the slightest clue of how to germinate the little buggers. Can anyone tell me everything I need to know about germinating and growing them. Soil, conditions, temperate/tropical, etc. All of the stuff will help me greatly. Thanks!

PS. I know we aren't supposed to promote other sites but PFT doesn't have D. auriculata seeds so I think it's ok.

Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not supprised Dean had them.
    Put them on damp medium cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge for 3 weeks or a little longer. When you pull them out you should get plants in a couple weeks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What kind of soil do I use? Is it a temperate or tropical? What kind of conditions does it like? Maximum and minimum temps. (I like to be thorough)
    Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ummmm...I started doing some hard research on D. auriculata and....it seems that it's way out of my league...umm..is there anyone that beleives I can do this if I have the correct instructions. None of the germination instructions I've read have direct instructions really and they are confusing. I figure...if I DO get past germination then I could keep it alive on my windowsill. The dormancy period and everything is confusing. None of the sites say directly what I need to do... does anyone actually grow any tuberous sundews that can really help me through this. D. peltata is one of my favorite sundews and D. auriculata is a lot like it so I'd really like to grow one.

Growlist
    I'm back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The ICPS seedbank has some really good info on tuberous Drosera.

\"Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired, signifies in the final sense a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed.\" Dwight D. Eisenhower

It's been one of dem days BigCarnivourKid's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ChronoKiento, I think you should go for it. If you try and fail you won't have done anything the rest of us haven't done, but if you succeed then you'll have done something only a few have done. So go for it.
    ---Steve Allinger---

How come chicken fingers are bigger than buffalo wings?

My Grow List

Let's positive thinking! seedjar's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One thing my plant-guru friend has always told me, and I'm beginning to believe it, is that all plants like two things, universally; abuse and attention. If you care about the plants then as long as you don't do something that is certain to kill them (like salting the soil,) they'll only try harder to survive. So I wouldn't worry too much - it might just be the perfect match.
    ~Joe
    o//~ Livin' like a bug ain't easy / My old clothes don't seem to fit me /
    I got little tiny bug feet / I don't really know what bugs eat /
    Don't want no one steppin' on me / Now I'm sympathizin' with fleas /
    Livin' like a bug ain't easy / Livin' like a bug ain't easy... o//~

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Treaqum @ Feb. 18 2005,2:50)]Not supprised Dean had them.
    Put them on damp medium cover with plastic wrap and stick in the fridge for 3 weeks or a little longer. When you pull them out you should get plants in a couple weeks
    Hi,

Don' put them into the fridge and don't cover them with plastic! All you need to do is to put the seeds onto your medium (i use sand/peat, about 3:1) and wait for some weeks. D. auriculata germinates easily. In my experience these plants do not even need a dormancy as other tuberous sundew. I have mine wet for about 2 years now. I always have some plants growing, while others are dormant in the same pot. This is one of the easiest tuberous Drosera and most probably the best one to start with! For me it has been problem free so far.

Christian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast