User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Why is D. adelae so tempermental at times?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Allosaurz

Spidermites are easy to spot, they are small red spider like looking things, and the telltale sign is they produce small white webs. You could try totally submerging the plant in water for a couple of days.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get a plastic container large enough to submerge the entire plant, place some small stones or pebbles on the surface of the pot to weigh it down, put the pot into the plastic container, then gradually add water until the plant is entirely submerged. Add more weight if it seems to want to float. Keep it underwater for a week or two. This does not work 100%, but does usually work to supress the spider mites enough so the plant can gain renewed vigor. Remember that even underwater the plant still needs to be kept lit otherwise it might die and rot away. If this seems to have happened, remove it from the water and place it into a ziplic bag to stimulate it to create new sprouts from its roots. The increased humidity will continue to supress the spider mites.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahhh, never mind the weather...I just discovered some..what's that...millimetre red thingy crawling about on my dying D.adelae leaf....!?!?#()@$#&*_!#_!

Look here and we can have a nice discussion about spider mites and how to send them back down to h*ll. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (PinguiculaMan @ Feb. 28 2005,10:51)]I get a plastic container large enough to submerge the entire plant, place some small stones or pebbles on the surface of the pot to weigh it down, put the pot into the plastic container, then gradually add water until the plant is entirely submerged. Add more weight if it seems to want to float. Keep it underwater for a week or two. This does not work 100%, but does usually work to supress the spider mites enough so the plant can gain renewed vigor. Remember that even underwater the plant still needs to be kept lit otherwise it might die and rot away. If this seems to have happened, remove it from the water and place it into a ziplic bag to stimulate it to create new sprouts from its roots. The increased humidity will continue to supress the spider mites.
    I am currently utilizing this method to rid my D. adelae (spelled correctly) of aphids. Those things got into my capensis and spatulata as well! It has been a week in submersion and the leaves are still green.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12