What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has anybody tried this?

I was wondering if anybody has crossed a capensis with a spatulata? I saw a picture of one and it looked neat.If anybody has one I would love to see a picture of their plant.

Where was the picture. Check out Peter D'Amato's site (califcarn) I think he has them.

I too would love to see a pic if anyone can find one,I know that Max(capslock) has it on his growlist.

I have a cutting of that hybrid that I got from Max a couple weeks ago. When it starts growing out, I will post pictures for you.

Steve

I'm still waiting for the infamous cross of a VFT & Butterwort!
smile_m_32.gif

I find most if not all Drosera capensis x "rosetted sundew" plants attractive. Check out BobZ's website and look for D. capensis x slackii (or the other way around, I forgot).

Hi guys,

I tried this cross years ago and if I remember well it only worked with white-flowered D.spatulata.

Good luck,
Fernando Rivadavia

[b said:
Quote[/b] (jimscott @ Mar. 13 2005,11:27)]I'm still waiting for the infamous cross of a VFT & Butterwort!  
smile_m_32.gif
More like a VFT and a sundew!
smile_m_32.gif
I know that's it been done before, but the plants didn't get past the seedling stage. NO WHYYYYYYYY...

But the other would be nice to see just the same.

Ya know, I thought I remember speciation; that is, the classification of being a species, was that mating resulted in fertile offspring. And there was something about ontogeny recapitulating phylogeny - or something to that effect. (Like parents producing like offspring?) But with these plants, the definitions seem to be blurred. Anyone else mildly confused?

That moranensis complex thingy really gets to me. It gives ME a complex! At least we have the P-Man to keep our nomenclature correct.

Back