User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: D. spatulata root cuttings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was just transplanting my new D. spathulata[Edit: spelling corrected to read, D. spatulata, and three roots ripped off the plant. I stuck them in moist peat, and set them in my greenhouse. I just want to know if i can expect platnts from these.

Thanks
    Dave

Update: Parents convinced to allow me to keep greenhouse heated over winter. Most species will not be lost. Too lazy to update growlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [Edit: Topic title corrected to read D. spatulata.]

Tunasurprise,
    Potentially they may very well produce plants. I've really never intentionally tried to propagate with Drosera spatulata roots. They are so prolific from seed and leaf cuttings and have so few roots - I never thought to try, sounds like an interesting idea to try. I am interested to hear of your results.

Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Definetely prolific, a single of my spatulatas covered the entire pot with seedlings - from seed!

Look!

They were practically growing on top of each other. You should've seen the root ball produced by that pot alone. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    is it BAD for many plants to crowd and grow on top of each other if the light is good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If the light is strong (as I grow my plants under) then it will not disadvantage the crowded plants too much...since the plants at the bottom will get light too.

I just liked the way they crowd the pot - makes for a nice pic, and also blocks out the competing moss - but of course I will have to transplant them soon or they will suffocate. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]