What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Pigmy sundews

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
I know that the gemmae is where it's at with regard to this genus, but are there any seeds worth propogating? My D. callistos, scorpiodes, enodes, and stelliflora are all in various stages of flowering?

All cps are worth propagating, jim! =P
Who knows, it may work ^_^.

I didn't think they produced seed. Someone will, I'm sure, correct me if I'm wrong about that. And come to think of it, that makes no sense since there are hybrids. Hmmm.

Capslock

And yet Capslock you remain standing un-corrected. But with all of the hybrids, you must be right, some at least must produce seed. I think gemmae are the preferred route for propagation because they grow so easily and fast, but if you want genetic variety you'd need seed right? We won't have any neat cultivars if people don't grow tons of plants from seed correct?

Under my conditions none of my many species of pygmy Drosera have ever formed gemmae, however, some of them have produced seed and distributed it around just like any other weedy species.

I have had wide-ranging opinions and experiences about the success with pigmy dew seeds. Time for an experiment!

Back