What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Potting sundews

I have a question about potting these 2 Sundews. I find it pretty hard potting them because they are so small, they are not vertical plants (like VFT typical).... Does anyone have any tips on how to pot them? Maybe I should just give it time and put them under nice bright lights to do anything...

If I understand you correctly, what I do to move small plants and seedlings to another container is to take a plastic spoon and get underneath the entire plant and place it in a pre-formed depression in the new pot. Then I water around it to aid setling into place.

hmm.. gotta try that.. thanks.

The less soil disturbance the better. The younger the seedling, usually the easier it is to transplant.

I do like Noah...I try to get as much surrounding soil as possible so as not to disturb the roots. Then make a hole the corresponding size. A gently watering helps settle the soil around the roots in their new home.

Thanks for the info! Everything is running smoothly here

Back