Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Drosera falconeri

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WOW! I think i'm in love. With that plant at least.
    Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish-Euripides
    wikipedia rocks! (except for species info)(CPers-add your vast knowledge of CPs to wikipedia&#33
    A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it
    Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well I am glad some one is going to "share the love" finally. IF only I could read Japanese I might be able to import one. Shipping would cost a bundle though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is an amazing pic Pingman. However, there is a leave that curled up from both sides to the center sure look a bit like the VFT leave to me. [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img]
    We can go for days without food, but we can't pass 5 minutes without air. REMEMBER TO BREATH!!!

Trouble breathing? Let me know.

Stay chooned in for more! Clint's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    long time ago they thought they were related/vft evolved from it.

i think...

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow. Very nice.
    I never saw one red before. I do not know if the others I saw would get red if grown in the same conditions or not.
    From what I remember reading up on them, it's been well over a year ago when I first saw them, is that they can be really fussy to grow.
    How long have you had this pant, and how has it been doing so far?

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I received my first Drosera falconeri at the 2000, ICPS Convention in San Francisco. Since then I have managed to get it to flower 3 times (no seed ever produced), and divided the original plant by crown division and propagated several more from severed leaves. Every so often it slows in its growth for a month or two and looks less attractive then. More recently I received a possibly different clone in the future hopes of cross-pollinating to produce viable seed. I currently have two plants of the initial clone and one of the new clone. All three are doing very well.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (RL7836 @ May 25 2005,1:19)]Hey Joseph,
    What's the substrate in that pot? Is that vermiculite(??) or chopped sphagnum or ??

Absolutely gorgeous plant. Your older posts sharing your experiences with growing them have been very helpful w/ all members of this complex - thanks.

This is #1 on my wishlist right now .... someday.... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]
    The media is; 1/4 inch of LFS in bottom of pot, then a mixture of granulated peat moss::3/16 inch, white plastic coated aquarium gravel (3::1), and finally a topping of a 1/4 inch layer of 12 grit "Santa Fe Brown" gravel from our local landscaping supply center. I sieve it from their smallest grade and rinse the dust off of it before use.
    Joseph Clemens
    Tucson, Arizona, U S A

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful plants Joseph...I sense that it is not the mix but all the TLC you are giving them that is causing them to thrive. Do you really measure out the mix to the inch and sieve-rinse every bit? I admire that, most people just dump in a handful of whatever they can find lying around! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Must keep that recipe next time I repot... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast