What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Drosera binata

I know there was a discussion before on getting seeds from the D. binata complex plants, and I think that it was said that they are not self-fertile and you need another plant from a different clone to produce seed. Apparently all my plants are from the same clone since I haven't gotten any seed from pollinating them in 8 years. My question is where can I get plants that might be from these mysterious different clones? I would appreciate any help anyone can provide. Thanks in advance. Stan

Hi,

Not all clones of Drosera binata need to be cross pollinated. In fact, all my plants are either steril (no seeds, even if cross pollinated) or do set seeds without doing anything.

If you want to have another clone i recommend getting some seeds of Drosera binata. It is quite easy to grow them from seeds.

Christian

Back