What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Which one?

After I get my report card money, I'm either going to try and purchase a D. binata (multifida "extrema") or D. scorpioides. I really like the "Spiderweb of Doom" look of the binata version, but I hear that scorpioides are easy to grow and propegate, and have faster-moving tentacles.

If you have grown them, which would you recommend? Also, I'm having a bit of trouble locating online retailers that sell these plants. The shipping costs from California Carnivores is killing me, and I haven't been able to find them anywhere else.

If you wait a few months till gemmae season you can get D. scorpioides for free from the trade forum..  I think BigCarnivourKid has singlehandedly spread that plant to the entire forum.

As for the D. binata form, if you PM me I can get you some leaf cuttings for postage.

Steve

Steve is right, those are pretty easy to find trades. Sarracenia NW is a great company, though - I stop by their booth at the farmer's market whenever I go home to Portland. I've made purchases from both Sarracenia NW and California Carnivores, and while I love Peter's book and his selection, Jeff and Jacob at SNW have CC beat hands down for customer service and shipping as far as I'm concerned.
~Joe

PS - Don't buy their D. multifida extrema because then they'll run out again before I have a chance to order... :p

Hehe, alright. I'll see if I could get a cutting from Steve. I'll keep my eye out this fall for gemmae.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mannex17 @ June 14 2005,11:54)]I found a site called Sarracenia Northwest, which offers both.  Has anyone had any experience from them?
http://www.cobraplant.com/
I have a friend that deals with them and is very impressed with waht they send and their care sheets. Those species are incredibly easy to cultivate. Save your money. Many here can help ya out.

Back