Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Petiolaris complex

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I do something similar to Homer except my heater is only turned to about 70 degrees. Mainly for winter time. During the summer the tank is around 85 degrees during the day.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]I'd like to tap into the collective knowledge base here to help me grow these buggers
    Sing to them that Daddy loves them and wants them to grow? Seriously, I have no idea. Every time I get a plant that looks difficult, I send it off to someone whom I feel won't kill it.

Your photograph is really beautiful though. The next time somebody posts a photo of one of these little pretties, could you add a ruler to give me an idea of size. I am thinking these guys are really teeny tiny.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Question

Here's some pictures of my Petiolaris Complex setup. I forgot to mention in an earlier reply to this post that I use mylar for backing and two 24watt fluorescent light bulbs.

-Homer

I've got a magic window! elgecko's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice setup Homer. Your plants look very happy.

My Grow List Updated 8/24/17

Moderator Schmoderator Fluorescent fluorite, England PlantAKiss's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Absolutely beautiful plant Ron! Wow.

I wish the petiolaris plants were more available. They are such stunning plants and so many people dying to get them. I just recently acquired my first...D. paradoxa. Had a bit of a rough arrival but so far its still alive and putting out new leaves. I have for now left it in its original soil mix since it was shocked enough in transport. Maybe after a while I will consider other mixes.

I don't have to worry too much about heat. I don't use my AC so its QUITE hot in my house and in most of the plant tanks.

Homer, your plants and set ups are beautiful as well. The petiolaris complex has to be some of the most dramatic sundews. I'm jealous!
    "Fox terriers are born with about four times as much original sin in them as other dogs." - Jerome K. Jerome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the pics, Homer. Do you have plans to propagate your Drosera falconeri?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the comments Steve and PAK [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]

Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] ]Do you have plans to propagate your Drosera falconeri?
    My falconeri is about to flower, but the other Petiolaris Complex Drosera are not! [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/mad.gif[/img] I've had poor luck with leaf cuttings on petiolaris and paradoxa...

Time will tell I guess.

-Homer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recieved a D.falconeri from Pyro last year, and I believed they would be difficult to grow. However, it is one of my easiest. I have it sitting of my windowsil in a small pot (I need to repot it, actually). I sometime cover it. I'm sure it would like to be a little warmer, but it has flowered twice and is growing a decent-sized offshoot. It is in pure LFS. I'd say it's one of my favorite dews, not demanding too much.

Cole
    Duele no tenerte cerca, duele no escuchar tu voz. Duele respirar tu ausencia, pero, duele más decirte adiós.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast