What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fuzz = mold?

I recently fed my recuperating Sundew (within a clear plastic cup for humidity) a couple of flies and just noticed a growing ball of fuzz-mold I think. I'm pretty sure I can remove it without damaging the plant with tweezers but wanted to know if there's anything else I should do. Thanks!

~ Brett

Remove it and take that plastic cup off your sundew. It doesn't need it, and it will only cause fungus.

Capslock

Without adding chemicals, you could also add a little cinnamon to the spot where you observed mold. I haven't used it, but others have had success with it.

I always used a dab of alcohol in cases of prey mold. I heartily concurr with Capslock, the plastic cup is not needed, but take care to acclimate your plant slowly to less humid conditions by exposing it for progressively longer periods of time and return it to its former humidity if signs of stress are noted.

Back