What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Filiformis blooming away

Heres my drosera filiformis ssp. filiformis pictures its really blooming this year.

IMG_1261.jpg

so cool! and the grass makes it look natural!

Nice! Did the one I sent you bloom yet?
smile.gif

Of coarse yours is blooming just like it.the one pictured is a clump from the filliformis giveaway by rl7836 and the one you gave me heres a picture along with the rubra hybrid and the other sundew you sent me a intermedia i believe??. Oh and the vft was a huge one too! Heres a picture of the one that i got from the auction of yours. I happened too end up with 2 sets of filliformis but they are awesome. Oh and that little pot in there is a tiny vft i found in with the whole bunch of stuff.

IMG_1260.jpg

My D.filiformis is almost finished blooming, now just need to wait to collect the seeds :p

Your plants look great, carnivorkid! That rubra hybrid will look much better in August. Yeah, I tried to give you the nicest VFT clump from my bog. Looks like you need help weeding though!
smile_m_32.gif
I'm sorry if thoise came with my plants--it is possible...
smile_h_32.gif

yeah that rubra hybrid is quickly becoming one of my favorites JBL
smile.gif

and why do you have a fence around that lilly? it should go around the Sarracenia!

Very nice plants you have there!

Jerry

no well the bog with the clump of filliformis came inbetween the clump . The pot i planted the rubra and filiformis from you had a few annoying weeds in it. The flower stalks seem ok even though they are hanging on there side and bent over.

Oh ya and that pond of mine is the turtle pond you will see one sitting on the rock in the one corner.
smile_n_32.gif

Wow...very nice! My filiformis(from RL7863) have been firing up flowers but nowhere near as many as yours. I'll get photos.

Also, how can you tell if they are going to set seed? I've been trying to pollinating the blooms but am unsure if my efforts have been successful.

Also, does blooming drain the plants resources alot?

Does filiformis self-pollinate? nice filiformis btw

Don't know...but all my blooms are now closed.

How to tell if they are fertile?

Yes D. filiformis is self fertile. I have lots of seeds from mine this year. The way I tell when the seeds are ripe is when the lowermost flowers are completely dry and almost black I take and tap the stalks over a plate and see if seeds fall out.. then repeat the process every couple days till you get them all.

Cheers
Steve

Back