What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Oh crap, they're everywhere!

My D. capensis flowered a while ago, and now i have baby capensis popping up everywhere. Will they crowd out and possibly kill my other plants if i don't remove them?

Depends on which plants, but as I understand it, yes, that is a possibility. Anything low-growing or young is probably at risk. If you care to, you can probably move the seedlings into some peat or LFS with little effort; there's enough that you don't have to worry about being gentle.
Good luck,
~Joe

They probably won't disappear very easily either. It's been a year since I sowed some capensis seeds and 2 more just germinated. x.x

Yeah, I've got D. dielsiana popping up all over the place. In places I can't imagine how the seed got to. I must have flung a flower stalk across the room at some point.

Capslock

i keep telling everyone that capensis are out to take over the world but no one believes me.........................................

D. Burmanii are all the sudden popping out everywhere, and I don't even recall having one bloom last season... I probably have close of 50 seedlings here and there in my pots!

Time to share with our unsuspecting newbies!
laugh.gif

Yeah,I have D.intermedia 'Carolina Giant' popping up in most of my sarrs and vfts.I know the feeling
smile_k_ani_32.gif
LOL.

Jerry

Back