What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Spatulata

Some of my D.spatulata have been acting weird lately. They will be growing fine one day, then suddenly the tentacles will curl completely inward on every single leaf and the plant will completely stop growth. Could this be some fungus or disease, or is it normal?
Thanks,
dewy

sure theres no prety you just can't see? gnats and those hopping things can be pretty small.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (JustLikeAPill @ July 08 2005,9:14)]sure theres no prety you just can't see? gnats and those hopping things can be pretty small.
It has some fungus gnats in the soil.

Most likely a problem in substrate, sounds like too many salts accumulated. I suggest you repot into fresh clean medium and hope for the best. This happened to me several times as well and the affected plants did not recover for me, but it's worth a shot.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Tamlin Dawnstar @ July 10 2005,11:49)]Most likely a problem in substrate, sounds like too many salts accumulated.  I suggest you repot into fresh clean medium and hope for the best.  This happened to me several times as well and the affected plants did not recover for me, but it's worth a shot.
That could explain it. I switched to a new brand of LFS, which I then potted them in. That could very well be the reason for this behavior.

Gah....I HATE GNATS!!! They are the worst!! They're so EVIL and... and...!!!

Back