What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from australia

Here are some pictures taken earlier this week that I thought some of you might enjoy.

Nice pics Forbes, have fun... that reminds me I still have those D. peltata seeds for you.

Ahhhh.... d. binata! Mon favourite!

I've never seen pix of pygmy's in the wild. Thanks!

Whoa! You thought right! Thanks for the pics, I'd love to see these in person as well. I'm suprised by how dry it looks!

Capslock

Hi Forbes,
I guess when you said you'd be out for a while, you were serious...
smile_k_ani_32.gif

In the 6th photo from the top, there are several flower scapes in different stages of development. Are they all D. binata scapes or were there other dews in this area?

I notice that most of the D. binata appear to be T-form but there are also several other multi-branching plants. In your travels, was it common to see the forms together like that?

wow... the binatas are... not... drooping!
smile_k_ani_32.gif

mine are full of dew and look happy but they're "drooping" for lack of a better word.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Capslock @ July 11 2005,3:09)]Whoa! You thought right! Thanks for the pics, I'd love to see these in person as well. I'm suprised by how dry it looks!
It is the middle of Summer in California after all.
smile.gif

It is probably worth noting that these plants were not photographed in Australia which explains the mixture of D. binata forms and D. capensis flowerscapes in one of the shots.

Back