User Tag List

Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Reppoting drosera paradoxa

United Kingdom (Bristol, England) I am orriginnally from Mostar, Bosnia(one of the countries of former yugoslavia)
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Greg, nice to see you here [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile.gif[/img]
    Well today its very dewy and its flowering as normal.......I think I sucessfully re-potted it without disturbing it
    Ive chosen a pot quite a bit bigger then its old one, so it can grow for a long while before I have to repot it again
    Carnivorous plants growlist:http://www.**********.com/cgi-bin....t=17597
    Onda je sultan pao mrtav do kostura

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Ron,

I grow DD ascendens, intermedia 'Big Audrey', and graminifolia. None of them grow particularly well, although the Big Audrey looks decent in winter. I suspect that my conditions are too warm for them.

Greg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [b
    Quote[/b] (Greg Allan @ July 14 2005,4:39)]Hi Ron,

I grow DD ascendens, intermedia 'Big Audrey', and graminifolia. None of them grow particularly well, although the Big Audrey looks decent in winter. I suspect that my conditions are too warm for them.

Greg
    Hmmm - I also grow D. ascendens. Based on your comments and Tamlin's (from elsewhere), I'm waiting for my plants to start to deteriorate - I hope they don't but I suspect I'm keeping them too warm (although they look happy now... [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/confused.gif[/img] )
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote[/b] ]I hope they don't but I suspect I'm keeping them too warm
    How warm?
    Mine gets it pretty darn warm at times and it's been growing quite well if I don't say so myself.
    \(_o)/ ಠ_ಠ
    My Growlist
    NASC Website Come join in on the fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Est,
    Mine is probably seeing daytime temps in the mid-80's (possibly to low 90's).

Tamlin posted the following in June:
    Quote[/b] ]Posted: June 16 2005,3:22 QUOTE
    This is one of the more heat sensitive Brasillian species in my experience. A few days of over 80F are probably acceptable, but I would avoid long periods of warm water about the roots. Optimal range would be 50-70F, and a night time drop is advisable if not mandatory for long term success. I have also noted flowering and seed set tends to deplete the plant, and at this time high temps should be carefully avoided. Plants do return from the roots if the rosettes die back, but this is not reliable.
    Mine is growing well now, developed a 2nd growth point which has developed into a strong 2nd plant. The plant overall appears to be growing very well - lots of new leaves and very dewy. I've taken a few leaves and put some in water and some in sphagnum for propagation. One of the leaves in water has a sprout on it - can't see any on the sphagnum ones yet.

My concern is that when Tamlin makes a statement, you ignore it at your own risk (or your plant's). I did read a post somewhere (cpuk?) that there are probably plants from a number of locations being grown and some of the locations may be more tolerant of high temps (hope - hope) [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_m_32.gif[/img] .
    All the best,
    Ron
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do. --- Eleanor Roosevelt

*** Growlist / Wants / Offers ***
    (with Pics)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12