Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Scorpiodes falling over

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My scorpiodes' stems don't look like that. Yours are definitely very long and stringy...hmmmmm...I have no clue [img]http://www.**********.com/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/new/smile_n_32.gif[/img]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the photo. This is definitely a light issue. There is no real need to cultivate pygmy Drosera in terraria, they are best grown outdoors in full sunlight or within 2 inches of flourescent tubes with nothing between them and the tubes. Even a thin layer of plastic wrap will cut the useable spectrum considerably. Terraria also heat up considerably, and in habitat these species are winter growers appreciating cool conditions and good air circulation. Not sure how these would behave with increased lighting, but you should have a chance next season to start again from scratch with gemmae. If interested my cultivation methods can be found here:

http://www.cpzine.com/article.aspx?c...2002&m=10&d=12

"Grow More, Share More"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have never had my plants fall over. They grow in an unheated greenhouse. Here is a recent photo of plants that were started in fall 2002 from gemma. Notice how the old leaves and flower stalks are retained on the plants.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone for your replies, they have been quite educating! Since I've started growing CPs, I've noticed that natural sunlight gives so much advantage to growth and coloring. I live in a small apartment, and have a small 'greenhouse' which gets sun basically a day...but the room is so limited. Growing in terrarium I've found can be hit-or-miss: some do well, some don't.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12