What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis liniflora germination....

Mine, planted a few months ago, are sending up stalks - but the batch for a couple weeks ago hasn't germinated. Same media, too.

Here's an updated pic.

Byblislini0811.jpg

Oh how I would love it if mine bothered to germinate......

I'm almost 100% sure that the reason there is such an extremely low germination rate when you get them by mail is because they MUST BE HEAVILY CUSHIONED. One sheet of bubble wrap folded over the seed packet would be enough and that doesn't even require extra postage. When I got my seeds I noticed there were little stains on the paper that I was pretty sure were juice stains caused by the seeds being squished. Whenever mine flowers I will most likely be giving some away, I'll pad them really well so they have a higher success rate.

Bump, the byblis germination method is on the bottom of the first page.

Pingman, would you like to pin your own post for the archives?
smile_m_32.gif

Anyway, thanks for sharing such a great idea. I am expecting some byblis seeds and was just dropping in to prepare myself for the germination part. Bravo! And I found this thread.

You should probably post the method in a new thread and then pin it.

BTW, if anyone was wondering, the byblis I'm talking about in this thread, it died.
smile_h_32.gif

-(Kyle)-

Back