What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D. adelae

Anyone know if D. adelae produces seed on its own? I have one on my balcony that has been blooming for a few weeks and have been wondering. Thanks.
-Nick Z

This species occasionally produces seed, but it is a rare and undependable event when it happens. Different clones cross pollinating might up the chances.

As pretty as the flowers are and exciting flowering is, this plant is quite prolific in propogation through producing plantlets. Then there's that "playing 'possum" thing....

Tell me about it. I bought 2 from Lowe's about 7 months ago and now I have an 8 inch pot overflowing with them.  They are one of my favorite sundews.

Yeah, D. Adelae seems to spread quite easily. That's very good news, because I just planted a few in a small classic terrarium, so hopefully they'll spread like wildfire!

When mine first flowered, I tried cross pollinating different plants but never came up with any seed. As stated they produce a lot of plantlets.

sigh... i really want one of these but I don't live in the US and importing live plants could be a problem. Seeds are my best bet of obtaining diff sundew species but for adelae it's just not an option is it?

Back