Informational! Informational!:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How to reproduce droseras

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi, how to reproduce my droseras?, i wanna reproduce a capensis, sphatulata, adelae, binata and, shizandra, what is the best idea?, i tink i put them in water..all the leave?,only the leave, not the dew part?, hoe many time?, or in peat..not covered?, or covered?, so many ideas, what us tell me, what is the best?, and how do i give them water?, i tink the water of the tray never evaporates, are they eating the water?, i spray them 3 times each day, i tink they like it, is good?, tsk to all see ya and have a nice day.

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    With the exception of D. schizandra, which I have never owned, all of the others reproduce by themselves it pots that are sitting in plastic containers filled with water (open tray method), at Southwest facing window sills. They have all done that for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    oh ok. so is a bad idea cut some leaves?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You can easily propagate them by cuttings. Just snip a whole leaf, tentacles and all, and lay it on top of the soil. Cover the ends with a pinch of soil. You should get some sprouts in a couple weeks. With D. binata, you can use 1 to 2-inch sections of leaf.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Tropical Fish Enthusiast jimscott's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    D. binata is best by leaf cuttings, but they also flower and divide into new plants. What I was getting at is that with all the others are efficient with propogating through plantlets or seeds or clumping. But go for it! Let us know how it turns out. I put binata leaves in 50 ml tubes of water and they go nuts with new shoots. Same with putting them in live, swampy LFS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How much of the leaf is needed to propogate sundews? I know with VFT you try to pull some of the white rhymizome with it. So how far down do you cut the leaf? Thanks!
    James 1:17

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you don't need any rhizone or stem or anything for sundew cuttings. With the smaller sundews I use the whole leaf because it's just not that big. I'd use the whole spatulata leaf, but you can still just cut it where it's easy to cut.

Capslock
    Malo Periculosam Libertatem Quam Quietum Servitium

My photos are copyright-free and public domain

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cool i try someting, is more easy put them in water, cuz i have a pond, how many water they must have?, all the leave in the water?, only the dew?, or only the leave?, tks for all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast