What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another 3 that might survive singapore well

Cindy

Staff member
Just to share...since D.capensis can't survive here.  
smile_m_32.gif
 We have hope in these.

D.binata "extrema"

binataextremars.jpg

binata_extrema_trap1_rs.jpg

D.binata "giant"

binatalargers.jpg

binata_giant_trap1_rs.jpg

binata_giant_trap2_rs.jpg

D.petiolaris "all red"

petiolarisplantrs.jpg

petiolaris_all_red_trap5_rs.jpg

petiolaris_all_red_trap4_rs.jpg

greenfly2_rs.jpg

That is actually D. dilatato-petiolaris. Triffid Park are selling the plants with an incoorect ID.

Nice plants, sis! I love a good forked sundew!

I am growing all three and they seem to be fine. Don't know why the pics don't show up, I want to see how Sean can recognize it is from Triffid.
smile.gif

I love those forked-leaf sundews! Keep up the good growing
smile.gif

On a side note, it's a shame you can't get D. capensis to grow for you. It's one of my favorite sundews!

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Jason Wong @ Aug. 21 2005,10:12)]I want to see how Sean can recognize it is from Triffid.
smile.gif
Because Triffid Park are the culprits who have misnamed the plants and sent them all over the world to cause confusion (not purposefully, just ignorantly). The plant in the shot is definitely D. dilatato-petiolaris and Triffid Park have been calling this plant D. petiolaris "red" for a long time now. I've tried telling them but they don't care.
confused.gif

Every time I see the name D. petiolaris "red" on a growlist, I automatically assume it is incorrectly IDed. 99% of the time it will be.

Thanks, Seandew. I had the habit of naming this plant dilatato-petiolaris. I ordered both 'dilatato' and 'all red' but the other plant died.

So, I haven't be mistaken after all!
smile.gif

Btw, what's the difference? Is 'all red' really all red?

Back