What's new
TerraForums Venus Flytrap, Nepenthes, Drosera and more talk

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Byblis liniflora

jimscott

Tropical Fish Enthusiast
Mine are blossoming right now and they are all purple. I hear that they can also be blue?

How large in diameter are your plants? I would like to know because my plants are abought 2.5 inches in diameter.

EDITED

Mine are pink. Dewy, are you sure you have B. liniflora? I don't think their flowers are usually that large.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Greg Allan @ Aug. 24 2005,2:40)]Mine are pink. Dewy, are you sure you have B. liniflora? I don't think their flowers are usually that large.
Sorry, I meant the plants are abought 2.5 inches in diameter.

I would say they are ~1.5" in diameter and only ~2" tall. They take after me.

Do you think that different light exposure or something like that makes the flower colors different? I'd LOVE to have a blue flowering CP. I wonder what color mine's flowers will be. I've still got a few months of waiting time though. I can't wait for it to flower.

-(Kyle)-

there are cp's with blue flowers.

Yeah, but not many. I actually don't know of any blue flowering CPs. Do you know what they are?

-(Kyle)-

U. biloba
U. bisquamata
U. longifolia
U. reniformis
U. graminifolia
U. sandersonii

P. grandifolia
P. conzattii
P. calyptrata
P. caerulea
P. vulgaris
P. temperees sp. pineta
P. agnata var. tamaulipensis
P. gigantea
P. sp. Lautner
P. crystallina ssp. hirtiflora
P. balcanica
P. dertosensis
P. fiorii
P. longifolia
P. mundii

G. violacea

most people would consider these violet or blue/violet. but to me, they have enough blue to be considered "blue"

O.O; ......*passes out*.....*wakes up* *writes down all of those plants and passes out again*

-(Kyle)-

Have any pictures? I love liniflora. I tried seeds once, no success :-/

Well I was goming to post Elgecko's beautiful picture of a glistenin byblis linfora, but all that appears is the dratted red X.
smile_h_32.gif
Maybe I'll go to the Humboldt site.

Back